Friday, February 19, 2010

Up and Running!

Hello, blogosphere!

After days of putting "create blog" on my to-do list, I'm finally getting around to joining the millions of other bloggers on the web, and I'm excited to tell you why. It is my idea that "Mills Runs Miles" will serve to chronicle an exciting and challenging adventure: running a marathon. That's right, a marathon!

To best complete my goal, I've joined the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training program. TNT is the world's first and largest charity sports training program that exists to find a cure for blood cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families. The opportunity to contribute to a great cause while accomplishing such a huge life goal was too tempting to resist, and so I've been a member of TNT's Kansas chapter since early February.

Each participant pledges to raise a certain amount of money during the 4 or 5 months they train for their event in exchange for training, travel costs, and hotel stays. The $3,600 I've pledged to raise for Seattle's Rock 'N' Roll Marathon on June 26, 2010 seems more daunting than running 26.2 miles, but I am excited for the challenge!

If you would like to donate to my cause, please visit my fundraising website at:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ks/rnrseatl10/mmillswy2z

And check back often for updates on my training and fundraising progress - I'll make sure to keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment